Boeing is an integral part of the fabric of the Australian aerospace and defence industry, with a heritage stretching back more than 80 years. Australia is Boeing’s largest footprint outside the United States. The company employs more than 2,800 employees across 28 locations and has an overall investment of more than $800 million in Australia.
In addition to the hundreds of Boeing aircraft seen daily in Australian skies, other parts of the company are providing leading edge support and technology to the Australian Defence Force, or executing world class research and development.
The company is committed to bringing the best of Boeing to Australia and sharing the best of Australia with the rest of the world. Through the establishment of the Office of Australian Industry Capability three years ago, Boeing has delivered more than US$190 million worth of contracts to Australian industry across a broad range of commercial and defence programs.
Boeing has seven wholly-owned Australian subsidiaries working across a range of aerospace, commercial aviation, defence, logistics and navigation businesses, including:
- Boeing Training and Flight Services Australia a world-class provider of commercial flight and technical training to airlines in Australia and around the world;
- Aviall Australia a leading and sophisticated supply-chain management provider of new aviation parts and after-market services;
- Boeing Aerostructures Australia Australia’s only manufacturer of high-end aerostructure components such as rudders for the Boeing 777 and the moveable trailing edge for the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft;
- Boeing Defence Australia one of Australia’s leading defence aerospace enterprises;
- Insitu Pacific which designs, develops, and manufactures Unmanned Aerial Systems for commercial and military applications;
- Jeppesen Australia a supplier of charting and navigation services for rail, air and logistics customers; and
- Jeppesen Marine Australia a provider of digital maritime cartography, data services and other navigational information to customers including the Royal Australian Navy.
- Next >>